Wednesday 29 February 2012

The Amazing Race

There I was, walking around the Sky Tower area, when I guy comes up to me and says:

He: "Hi there!"
Me: "Hello!"
He: "Do you speak any other language apart from English?"
Me: "Yes, I do."
He: "Let me explain to you what we are doing. Do you know The Amazing Race TV show1?"
Me: "Yep, I think so."
He: "Oh, good! We are one of the contestants of that show. Or at least, we are trying to be... So, this is one of the games that we have to play. We need to find people that can speak another language and ask them to say anything in that language to that lady there."
Me: "Oh, is that so? I don't think that's a good idea..."
He: "Oh, come on! You just need to say anything in your native language to that woman over there. It won't take more than 3 seconds!"
Me: "Humm, ok then. But do I have to give you any personal information, like my passport number or my address?"
He: "No! You just have to say a sentence in your native language. That's it!"
Me: "Ok , I'll do it then."
He: "Cool! Thank you!! Let's go there then. Where are you from?"
Me: "Brazil."
He: "Oh, really? Which part? São Paulo?"
Me: "That's right!"
He: "I know São Paulo. I've never been there though. Oh, here we are..."
Lady: "So, say something in your language."
Me: "O que você quer que eu fale?"
Lady: "Wow! I didn't understand a word! But that's enough, thank you very much!"
Me: "Is that it? LOL!"
Lady: "Lol! Yes! That's it!"
Me: "Cool. Just for you to know, I said "What do you want me to say?" in Portuguese."
Everybody: "LOL!"
He: "Oh, here, take this. It's kind of a prize for you to have helped us."
Me: "Wow! Thanks a lot!"
He: "You are welcome!"
Me: "Humm, I'm liking this you know... Listen, can I say something else so I can win more things?"
Everybody: "LOL!!!"

And that's the kind of people you meet while walking around Auckland! =P 

Here are the "prizes" I got:



And here are the people. Take a look at them carefully. Maybe two of them will be famous in the Amazing Race! =P



## Links ##

1) http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/

No comments:

Post a Comment