Wednesday 22 February 2012

Plug adapter

On my second day here in New Zealand I went look for an adapter. First store I tried, was a big Warehouse in 3-Kings, called Bunnings1.

There was an universal adapter there, but it cost NZ$ 10.00 !!! I found that too much for a simple adapter and decided to go to another store. Sure enough, just about 1 block from there, I found what New Zealanders call a "two-dollar shopping" store. And guess what, I found the EXACT SAME adapter for NZ$ 2.00 !!!!! =D Such a huge difference... The moral of the story is: always check a 2 dollar shopping first! They are all over Auckland.

Here is the adapter I bought:



It easily fits in the new Brazilian standard, as well as the old ones, as shown bellow:





Hope you like it! ;)

PS: Oh, I almost forgot, the voltage here at New Zealand is 230V, so, pay attention to see if your electronics won't burn out as soon as they are plugged in!


## Links ##

1) http://www.bunnings.co.nz

No comments:

Post a Comment